POPULAR TYROLEAN DELICACIES TO TRY
Original Tyrolean Kaiserschmarrn Recipe
Kaiserschmarrn is undisputedly one of the most popular desserts in the Tyrol and many are in search of the original recipe to cook themselves. Kaiserschmarrn video with simple recipe instructions to prepare at home!
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 - 2 PERSONS:
Ingredients and step by step instructions Kaiserschmarrn
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 125 ml milk
- Sultanas as much as you like
- 1 glass of rum
- 1 good tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 pinch of sugar
- icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons or more (depending on your mood) apple sauce and/or cranberry jam
- Put the flour in a bowl. Add salt + milk, stir.
- Add vanilla sugar, sugar and eggs, stir gently. Add rum, stir again and the dough is ready.
- Turn on the cooker (on the highest setting) and wait until it is hot.
- Add clarified butter to the pan and when it has melted, add the batter and IMPORTANT put the lid on the pan.
- Wait 2-3 minutes - check if the batter has risen and wether the base of the batter has taken on a golden colour. If so, turn it over - put the lid on the pan again and wait a bit.
- Then pull apart the dough with two forks, sprinkle a little sugar on top (to caramelise) and leave in the pan for a short while until the sugar has dissolved.
- Finally, sprinkle icing sugar on top of the Kaiserschmarrn.
Together with applesauce and / or cranberries, the Schmarrn tastes simply wonderful!
- Sit back and enjoy!